In the event of inclement weather, KTNS adheres to the decisions made by the Saratoga Springs City School District. Please listen to your local radio stations or watch the local news for school closings. School closings are also posted at Saratoga’s School District website.
If Saratoga Springs City Schools are closed, then KTNS is automatically closed. If the City schools are delayed due to inclement weather, the following guidelines apply:
- If the schools open 1 hour late, KT is open 1 hour late, with the exception being our 2’s class, which would be cancelled.
- If the schools open 2 hours late, KT is closed.
- If the weather deteriorates and school is cancelled, then you will be contacted by the school.
- Cancellations due to snow days are not made up.
Your child may be sent home if symptoms of illness appear during the day or at the teachers’ discretion. In such cases, your child will be isolated from the other children immediately and you will be contacted.
Keep your child home if he or she:
- Has a fever or has had one during the previous 24-hour period
- Has just started an antibiotic within the past 24 hours
- Has a heavy nasal discharge
- Has a constant cough
- Is fussy, cranky or generally out of sorts
- Has symptoms of possible communicable disease (fever, diarrhea, vomiting)
Please notify the teachers at once if your child develops a communicable disease including, but not limited to: Chicken Pox, Lice, Pinworms, Impetigo, Pink Eye, Fifth Disease, Meningitis or any immunization-related illness.
Your child’s health and safety are a matter of major importance to all of us. Upon enrollment, you must file with us a health form signed by a physician. We also require that the child have certain standard immunizations as stated in New York State Public Health Law #2164.